By - SBS Expedited06/20/2021
The Rise of On-Demand Transportation Services
From dial-a-ride shuttle services, taxis, and now app-based pick up and drop off options, modern transportation makes our lives easier and has a significant impact on people's quality of life. Throughout this blog, we’ll explore how on-demand transport is working, and how SBS Expedited is continuously optimizing with the innovations of on-demand transit services.
What is On-Demand transportation?
On-Demand transport services focus on optimizing the groups of passengers to book their journey at a convenient time (during service operating hours) and to be picked up from an agreed location. Thanks to the adoption of new technology, where passengers use an app to book, pay and track their rides while drivers use the app to validate rider fares and other options within a matter of minutes. As more and more cities are embracing new technologies and innovative solutions, we’ve compiled a few lists of compelling statistics that shed light on the impact of the on-demand economy and where we may be headed in the future:
• On-Demand Transportation is Revolutionising Customer Behaviour - The internet influences and shapes the way humans act today. In other words, it offers convenience. The fast-moving technology companies competing in this arena have generated a sense of entitlement to fast, simple, and efficient experiences. In the world of logistics and on-demand delivery, today 60% of consumers would like to pay $10 to get the furniture delivered on the same day it was ordered. With the technological advancements of recent years, soon enough, waiting more than a day for furniture delivery will sound crazy.
• The on-demand economy is growing at an instant rate - According to Harvard Business Reports, the on-demand economy attracts 22.4 million consumers annually, offering immediate access to goods or services to consumers. That’s huge!
• Millennial in Supply Chain Management - Consumer demand for richer experiences and greater convenience constitute 49% as Millennial. The prevalence of millennial consumers suggests that the on-demand economy is embedded within the scale and context in entering the workforce and accumulating wealth.
• Global On-Demand Transportation services Investments - Growth within the on-demand delivery and transportation industry has been an exponential increase in funds invested. Over the past 12 months, the investment that is made is triple of investments made in the previous 4 years combined.
• Digital disruption has played an important role for all sectors especially for the transportation sector where they had to move from offline to online tracking software where their customers can check the status of their product within a finger tip using tracking software solution - Businesses have begun to understand that they need to adapt to buyer preferences, and are now leaning towards same-day delivery. Over 50% of online businesses are now planning on implementing same-day delivery in the next 3-5 years.
The new age of on-demand transportation with SBS Expedited
As technology has improved, SBS Expedited is constantly innovating the trucks to ensure the most accurate and reliable delivery time for you. We own a fleet of more than 50 modern trucks to perform LTL and full truckloads to Toronto to California and California to Toronto. We can deliver your goods with expedited services from Ontario to California within 50 to 60 hours. We continuously upgrade equipment in line with industry standards, and our entire fleet is fully equipped with leading-edge technology - AikSphere’s GPS Tracking System. Let’s help you in serving you with our ideal transportation services and experience the luxury coupled with comfort at the same time with us.
We are Canada's #1 choice providing freight transportation services. With unmatched service and unparalleled execution, our ingenuity is well reflected by our global presence. We are committed to providing optimized freight transportation solutions for you and your business - shipping across US Texas and California Region (Utah, Nevada, Oregon, and Arizona) and Eastern Canada. SBS ensures that goods get to where they are needed! SBS dispatch and track packages throughout their transportation.
By - SBS EXPEDITED06/14/2021
By - SBS Expedited05/18/2018
By - SBS Expedited11/22/2022
By - SBS Expedited12/20/2022